Monday, August 14, 2006

Tonight

I'm psyching myself up to not go to the gym tonight. Yeah, you heard me; I'm trying to get excited for not going to the gym.

I didn't go to the gym Saturday or Sunday, as I was out of town. In Gettysburg, which is lovely, by the way and a place I need to return again for a proper visit. At any rate, after two days of not going, I really need to go to the gym tonight, but I'm trying to talk myself out of it.

I'm tired. I worked Friday night, had a wedding Saturday and a 50th birthday party last night. We were constantly on the go--not to mention awake until the wee hours of the morning. I need to do (what else?) laundry tonight. I need to clean the apartment, which is beginning to look like a small tornado blew through. I need to get something for dinner and cook. I need the something I make for dinner to be something healthy because I ate crap all weekend (see the previous post re: bloating), so take-out isn't really an option. I'd like to go to bed early tonight, because I really am tired.

So in order to do what I need to get done tonight, I feel like I need to cut back somewhere. Because laundry, cleaning, dinner, cooking, working out and getting to bed at 9p.m. just seems like too much. The gym seems like the easiest thing to cut. Actually, I guess I could work out for a little bit, while the laundry is happening.

The problem, what will take the longest, will be cleaning the apartment. Because it needs some THOROUGH cleaning and straightening. Last night I came home and noticed that the peanut butter that's on the mouse traps in our apartment has suspiciously vanished. I see no other evidence of visitors, but it means I have some work to do. Remind me why I renewed this apartment for another year?

I am hoping, against all hope, that Ron and I can go to the trailer down by the river this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter