Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Conversations

R: I'd like to go to Cuba.
Me: Really?
R: Yeah, I really would. We should go to Cuba.
Me: You know you can't just "go to Cuba", right?
R: Well you could, like, fly there.
Me: Uh-huh. And what airline do you know of that flies into Cuba?
R: I'm sure there's a black market for this sort of thing.
Me: Yeah, that's my idea of relaxing. A nice black market vacation.
R: I'm sure it can be done.
Me: I'm sure it can be too. You just have to leave from another country. But isn't it strange when you think about it, that we're actually not allowed to go to Cuba? Like our government sort of bans us from going. It's strange. I mean we can go just about everywhere else.
R: Yeah.
Me: I think I would be grossly disappointed in Havana. I mean I think of Havana in a glamous 1940s sort of way, with Ernest Hemingway smoking a cigar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter