Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Time to Plan

So I leave for Chicago the week after next and I still haven't researched what I plan on doing while I'm there which is so totally unlike me. To boot, I haven't decided where we're going for our long weekend trip in October. I'm pretty sure we'll do one day and night in Mystic, CT and two days and two nights in Newport, RI. But I haven't booked anything. Mystic and Newport are only 4 and 5 hours away respectively, so the drive won't be too bad. And I'd love to go to Vermont or New Hampshire, but the majority of those two states are "past peak" leaf season by mid-October. One year I totally want to go on one of those trains in New Hampshire. How awesome does that look? Actually, it looks like an accident waiting to happen, but I'm up for it.

I'm currently in love with the Castle Hill Inn in Newport. Originally, I had been thinking more "fall foliage" than "coastal" in terms of what we wanted from this little excursion, but who could resist that hotel?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter