Friday, August 04, 2006

PSA

So the new Macy's ain't all that. They don't have the traditional Macy's Cellar. What the hell good is a Macy's with no houseware section?

They didn't change much--I'm not sure why the store had to be closed for 2 months. It might have taken the union guys that long to change the sign from Lord & Taylor's to Macy's. The upolestry on the chairs in the shoe department is even the same. You would never know it was a different store. Don't get me wrong, it's always been a nice building, always a nice store. But I'd like some new. There's no real new there. And I'd like housewares. I'm not even sure there's a children's clothes department. No, that can't be right. There must be one and I just didn't notice.

All I know is I can't buy stuff off my registry there. Ugh.

In other news, since I sounded like an insensitive bitch in my last post about Macy's earlier this week, I do realize that people are very attached to the lightshow. It's sentimental. It's nostalgic. Lots of stuff we did as kids with our families, we want to continue doing. For me, it was the Baseball Hall of Fame. I'm not a huge baseball fan, but I'm a huge Baseball Hall of Fame fan. Because that's where I went as a kid. I'm sure if I saw it for the first time as an adult, I would be bored by it. Although a true baseball fall wouldn't be bored by it. So I get it. You love your light show. Trust me, if you moved here and saw it for the first time as an adult, your reaction would probably be something like "Huh." But Macy's is promising to restore it to its "former splendor". But I get it.

1 Comments:

At 2:19 PM, Blogger Christy said...

I told my mom the same thing about Macy's- you'd never know it was a different store.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter