Monday, July 17, 2006

WTC

I've already documented how I feel about September 11th movies. And the World Trade Center movie is no exception. I'll say this: I'm deeply disappointed in the choice of Nicholas Cage because 1. he makes me feel like I need to take a shower and 2. because I am so distracted by my distaste for him that I don't think I'd ever be able to watch a move with him in it without feeling that need to shower.

That being said, I accidently saw the first commercial for this movie this morning. I saw something involving the words "September 11th" cross the screen and I froze in place in my living room, because those words really still have that effect. I quickly realized it was a commercial for a movie I vaguely remembered hearing about, but I still watched. And started to tear up.

Yeah, there's no way I'm going to see this. And it actually has nothing to do with Nicholas Cage.

2 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Blogger Star said...

I was very shaken by seeing the preview in the theater a couple of weeks ago. I actually didn't think I would feel as shaken as I did.

I will not be seeing it either. Solidarity sister.

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Christy said...

We saw Superman Returns this weekend and there was a scene in which there was a major issue with a plane full of passengers. Now, I knew that this was a movie based on a comic book and I had every reason to believe that Superman would fly in and save everyone. But for the few minutes in which people were terrified in that out of control, plummeting airplane, all I could think of were those people on September 11 knowing that they were going to die. I was breathing so heavily that I thought I was going to have to leave the theater.

There's no way I could any of these 9/11 films. I can't even watch Superman!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter