Wednesday, July 12, 2006

And All That Jazz

We're taking a couple of trips in the foreseeable future. I just booked our visit to Chicago. Unfortunately, it's really just a trip for me since Ron's going there to take his boards (because the "boards" people apparently live in 1983 before tests could be taken on a computer). That test is all day for two days. We'll be able to go out to dinner at night, which will be nice, but for the most part I'll be wandering around the city alone. The hotel we're staying out is right near the Magnificent Mile. I have no idea really what the Magnificent Mile is, but with a name like that, I'm expecting big things.

In October we're planning on going up north somewhere to see all the lovely fall foliage. I've been bugging Ron to take such a trip for years and he's finally caved. I'm not sure where we'll go, but Cooperstown NY, Mystic CT and Boothbay ME are all in the running. I'd like to go back to Vermont one day too but I don't think for this trip. Although I would love to go to Cooperstown every year of my life (it's just so cute), I was just there 5 years ago and there are other places I'd like to see too. I haven't been to Mystic since I was a kid. I've really never been to Maine, so that's one place Ron and I could go to for the first time together. It's also a 9 hour drive. I'd like to visit New Hamsphire too, but I'm not really sure where in New Hampshire. All I know is I love the Northeast in the fall. I could just eat up all the colors of the leaves.

In January we're going to....get ready for it....Disney World. With Ron's whole family. With three children. Possibly 4 if one of Ron's cousins brings her baby. I'm going on the condition that I can be drunk every night.

We've tossed around going to Key West next May as a quick, belated one year anniversary trip. I'm not sure we'll actually do that, but when we got engaged we said we'd go to Key West every two years. And 2007 is two years.

And then, if we don't have enough planned, Ron's sisters called last night to see if we want to go to Cape May for a long weekend in this September. Minus the kids, I think.

Since I can't have a house, apparently, taking short trips is going to be the way to go over the next year.

1 Comments:

At 6:36 PM, Blogger Christy said...

You are going to love Chicago.

The Magnificent Mile (or Michigan Avenue if you are not a crazy tourist...it's like calling 7th Street the Avenue of the Americas in NY) is ALL SHOPPING! Go to the original Crate and Barrell. You'll plotz.

Go to the Millenium Fountain. And the Lincoln Park Zoo. Stop in the American Girl store and buy S and D some Bitty Babies (okay maybe not since they cost an arm and a leg but I love that store!)

I really love Chicago. It's awesome. I like Navy Pier too even though it's really touristy. All of the other things I mentioned are really conducive to doing solo. I wouldn't have thought that about Navy Pier but a few years ago I was in Chicago alone and went to Navy Pier for dinner and then just sat out and looked out over Lake Michigan as the sun went down and the families milled around me. It was great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter