Friday, June 30, 2006

Buying

I found, in the midst of everything else that's going on, a great house. I love it. I would move in tomorrow, if I could. My husband is not so in love with it and this comes as no surprise because we have the same taste in just about nothing.

One point he raises, which is valid, is that the basement seems to get some water when it rains. We saw the house on Wednesday and it had poured down rain the night before. Some of my staff were late into the office that day because they were pumping out 3 inches of water from their basements. This basement, the basement belonging to the house I love, didn't have inches of water, but a crawlspace was wet and the area outside of that as well. About 2/3 of the basement was dry. It's definitely a concern, but I just feel like it's not that unusual for houses in the area we like to have some moisture problems. This particular house was built in the 1860s, I'm thinking some moisture isn't so bad.

But my husband is pretty dead set against this house, so my only recourse is to drug him and have him sign the offer papers while he's under the influence. Wish me luck.

1 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger Christy said...

Since he's a doctor, maybe he can give you a prescription and you can drug him with those. Hee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter