Monday, July 17, 2006

Hanging Around

I woke up Saturday morning thinking that I probably wasn't going to be making it to my yoga class with Norah. I'm sure that the 7 hours I spent drinking wine with my friend Meg the night before had nothing to do with it. I was sad that I'd miss yoga--I've missed so many classes this summer--but Ron and I made the impromptu decision to go down to Maryland overnight. We had been planning on going to dinner and a movie, but the city has been getting on our nerves and frankly isn't a pleasant place to be when it's 100 degrees outside. We realized no one else was going to the trailer down by the river and that we still had a set of keys from last weekend. Ron's in full throttle study mode, it would be quiet down there and a slightly more pleasant atmosphere in which to hit the books.

On Friday the Weather Channel called for blue skies on Saturday with widely scattered showers. Well, it poured cats and dogs just about all day in Maryland. Still, it was nice to have nothing to do. When I'm home, I find that I almost never really relax--I start doing laundry or dusting or cleaning the bathroom. But down there, there's nothing to be done. So I did just relax, took a nap, watched some TV while Ron studied. When the skies finally cleared up, we grilled ribs and burgers. We watched the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie on TV. It was lovely.

The weather yesterday was lovely as well. It was hot, but low humidity and a nice breeze off the water. I laid out on the beach with a book, Ron studied and all was right with the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter