Monday, May 08, 2006

Nothing

That's what I did this weekend. For the first time in a couple of months, we had nothing planned all weekend. It was exactly what I needed.

That's not to say that I really did nothing. Ron thinks I'm incapable of actually doing nothing. I tend to agree. I've become a bit like my father in recent years in that I find myself needing to be in motion more often than not.

So Friday night, Ron and I, completely drunk with a new sense of freedom, went to the Grace Tavern. Not much to look at it, but man, it has some seriously good fries. I mean frites. And since Ron and I have adopted the Dutch habit of dunking everything in mayo, we were delighted that these frites came with a garlicky mayo goodness.

Saturday I did laundry, then we hit the Rittenhouse Festival for about an hour, then went to pick up Ron's car which had been getting fixed, THEN we went to Target for a much-needed household supply run. Then we went to Applebee's for some piss poor excuse for dinner.

Sunday found Ron studying, while I went to the park to read recipes, get some sun and make a shopping list. Ron and I abhor grocery shopping but we went anyway and I always feel a sense of satisfaction when the house is full of food. Ron also visited our church to see (read: verbally threaten) our priest who now has mysteriously found our marriage license.

Best of all, I got to go to my yoga class with Norah Saturday morning and my stretching class on Sunday morning. I hadn't been able to go to either in weeks--actually the stretching class I haven't been to in months. We always seemed to be running somewhere early the last few months and I never got to go to my weekend classes. And since my hamstrings are about as flexible as concrete, I really need that stretching class. Apparently Norah felt like torturing us with strength training. I loved every second of it.

So that's us doing nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter