Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Rights

I'll be the first one to tell you that I do not understand the concept of illegal immigrants' rights in this country. They're here illegally. I do understand that this is a very complex issue. They say illegal immigrants "do the work no one else wants to do", an argument I find ridiculous. Show me an unemployed, impoverished person (legal citizen) who wouldn't do a job an illegal does. I mean it is plausible here, right, that with the unemployment rate what it is, that illegals are taking jobs that citizens would do. Oh, but then companies would actually have to pay citizens at least minimum wage and we all might have to pay alittle bit more for our canned goods or something.

Anyway, since I don't believe in punishing children for their parents' actions, I do think the minor children of illegal immigrants should have access to education and healthcare, but I that's about where the rights end.

But the thing I really don't understand is why the Catholic Church has decided to voice its opinion on this matter. I think it's fair to say that the Catholic Church has other things it should be conscentrating on.

1 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Blogger Christy said...

We should have stopped trying to figure out the Catholic Church long ago and yet we continue to try to make sense of the insanity.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter