Thursday, November 10, 2005

Clean House

I've let my apartment go. It's a mess. While it's not "dirty" ever, it could use an overall cleaning and it sure as hell needs someone to organize it. Oh. I guess that will have to be me.

I'm fortunate enough to have a huge, walk-in storage closet in my front hall. Anyone who lives in an apartment in a city can tell you what a luxury that is. For me, however, it's become a dumping site for things-I-don't-know-what-to-do-with. With the prospect of wedding presents coming in the near future, it's time to clean house. I'm going to need somewhere to store all this stuff until I get a house.

That being said, I've started cleaning closets out. I always find that in the beginning of cleaning, I make more of a mess than anything else. The goal is to have a clean, organized, tidy apartment. To get there however, I have garbage bags all over the apartment that I'm slowly filling with either items to be trashed or items to be donated. So right now, my place looks worse than when I started. I'm also struggling with the fact that not all the items in the apartment are mine, therefore I have to consult with my other half before getting rid of some things.

But I'm going to stop consulting and just start chucking stuff. Like the hand-me-down plates that Ron's been holding on to just in case I kick him out. Can we get rid of these please? If I ever do kick you out, I promise you I'll give you a plate to take with you. And the 10-speed bike circa 1989? It hasn't been used in the entire time I've known you. The bike's gotta go. And the broken TV? We're never getting it fixed, so it's going to the curb too. And can we talk about the 700 medical journals laying around?

So cleaning house: that's what I'm focusing on these days. First I'm purging, then I'm having a massive dusting/vaccuuming/cleaning extravaganza. After all that, I'd like to host a cocktail party one of these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter