Friday, October 07, 2005

Darn

One of my girlfriends, Hope, is coming into town tomorrow with her baby. I'm always excited to spend time with her, but I'm disappointed this time. The weather is supposed to be awful and who feels like schlepping around the city when it's pouring rain? We were planning on dress shopping and going to florists in the city. Plus, she would normally stay over, but given the latest turn of events at my place (see last post), I'm un-inviting her to stay over. I've never done that before, but I can't very well have that baby in the same house with the killer rat I saw last night.

Yeah, I'm calling it a killer rat, although I think (I hope) it was just a larger-than-I've-seen-before mouse. I'm refusing to allow myself to believe otherwise because I will go completely ape-shit if I do. Most of the mice that have visited my apartment have been very small and rather cute. This thing was definitely bigger, but the fucker moves so fast, I can't say for sure what I saw. I don't think it was big enough to be a rat.

Don't you have the overwhelming urge to come to my place for dinner?

Ron started a month of hell, where he works all nights, getting a night off every few days. They call it a "day" off because technically you have more than 24 consecutive hours off, but I say if you get off of work at 11a.m. one day and have to be back at work at 4p.m. the next, that's not a day off. But whatever. This is the month that he's usually grumpiest and he and I barely see each other.

By some miracle, he gets off next Friday morning and doesn't need to be back until Sunday afternoon. I think we're going to take advantage of that by going pumpkin picking. One of my all-time favorite things to do. I really want to go to this place that my family went to when I was younger, but it's an hour and a half away. Which seems kind of far to go for pumpkins, when I can go places less than a half hour away. On the other hand, at this pumpkin patch, you can really pick your pumpkin off the vine, which in my opinion, is the only way to go. Plus, Delicious Orchards is nearby and I can always go for some apple pie. Mmmm, apple pie. Now I'm totally looking forward to next weekend.

But I digress. The point is that Ron is working nights and leaving me alone to fend for myself with the killer rat. I slept with all the lights on last night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter