Friday, September 30, 2005

Flying Rings

I have a silver ring that I wear during the summers on my ring finger on my right hand. Ron once was playing around with it and noticed that it fit perfectly on his pinky finger. Hence, my engagement ring was sized around Ron's pinky finger. He's clever, if nothing else.

The only problem is that my right hand is slightly larger than my left and in the cold weather, my hands tend to...contract, for lack of a better term. I realized this morning (because I was actually cold for the first time in about 6 months) that with one quick flick of the wrist, my ring would fly off my finger.

Not good. If I lose this ring, I might have to enter the witness protection program. During this summer, because I've generally been warm, the ring fit just fine. But by December, this could be a problem.

Fortunately, we're supposed to visit with our jeweler next month to have my wedding band made. So I'm hoping he can resize this without having to take the whole setting apart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter