Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Slow Going

So awhile back, I posted that I was taking my body back and starting an exercise routine. Remember that? HA! That didn't happen.

Yesterday, I went for my first jog (and I use the word "jog" loosely) in, well, Lord only knows how long. Over a year, easily. But it was the first time I "worked out" since July. It went better than I would have expected, given nearly 9 months of inactivity, and it felt good. You know, in sort of a painful, wheezing sort of way.

Jogging isn't really my thing, I don't enjoy it, but I am hoping that I can do it three times a week. If I can somehow commit to that, then I'll consider joining a gym, allowing me the opportunity to do the bikes, elipticals and take classes.

Anyway, by the time I get home from picking Rolo up at daycare after work, it's 6pm and he's more than ready for dinner. Ron gets home somewhere between 6pm and 8pm, depending on the day (not including the nights he's on call and not home at all). Rolo is ready for him nightime bottle and bed around 7:30pm. And we do like to spend some time playing with him since we don't see him all day. Between all that and then things like laundry, grocery shopping, making dinner, bathing Rolo and some required reading Ron has do, it doesn't always leave time to go for a run. Honestly. I think the longer days and warmer temperatures will at least make it a possibility these next few months.

Anyway, so my jog yesterday was at least a first step.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter