Thursday, March 20, 2008

Pietro's Prime

On Sunday, Ron and I had dinner at Pietro's Prime to celebrate our anniversary, which was on Tuesday. Going out to dinner mid-week with an infant is basically impossible, so Sunday it was. Remember how I had grandious plans for a day long anniversary celebration? In the end, it was just dinner. Which wound up being just fine with me, after all.

Pietro's is in West Chester, about a 45 minute drive from Center City. Normally, I am all over an Italian restaurant when eating out on a Sunday, but this day I was totally in the mood for steak.

The decor inside the restaurant is really cute, and it manages to be both quaint and modern at the same time. There's lots of exposed brick, a beautiful bar and really funky artwork (which appears to have been done by a local artist).

I started with the French onion soup, one of my favorite things, and this version did not disappoint. Ron got the lobster bisque and loved it. As entrees, Ron ordered one of the specials, a surf and turf, and I ordered the Black Angus filet of ribeye with a hollandaise sauce. Sides are a la carte, and big enough to feed two (although we didn't know that at the time so we each ordered one). Ron really loved his steak, which was filet mignon, as well as his stuffed lobster tail. I liked my ribeye, but I wasn't in love with it. Ron had ordered mashed potatoes with a roquefort garlic butter, and I got a plate of the largest pieces of steamed asparagus I had ever seen. Seriously, they were like tree trunks. Good, but filling.

For dessert, we opted to share a brownie sundae with caramel gelato, fudge and whipped cream. It was heavenly.

All in all, Pietro's was great. Ron thought it was one of the best meals he's had. Admittedly, other than filet mignon, I'm terrible about knowing which steak is which and which ones I like. Next time I'd probably try a different one. The main thing here is that we tried somewhere new, had a great time and got to toast to one of the best days of our lives.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Blogger Christy said...

Happy Anniversary!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter