Friday, March 28, 2008

Ohana

A couple of weeks ago, I won a contest at Cool Mom Picks, one of my favorite go-to style websites. Anyway, I won the opportunity to have a mother's necklace designed for me by an artist who has an Etsy shop. Her work is totally cool, but I didn't know what to expect. I was super-excited though because I had seen her work on Cool Mom Picks and had mentioned to Ron how, although personalized jewelry is so NOT my thing, these necklaces were casual but sedate. That was before I found out I had won one of my vey own.

Lea contacted me within a day of me winning the contest and we exchanged several emails about the design of the necklace. I chose to have Rolo's name and a starfish stamped on a round disc, along with a peridot (his birthstone) and a sand dollar charm. There's no real significance to the starfish or sand dollar other than I like the beach and Rolo was born in the summer. Actually, I almost chose a pineapple charm because Rolo has a fascination with a pineapple nightlight we have in our living room and Lea sent me pictures of the necklace with each charm to see which I liked better. She was great to work with, very accomodating and I'm thrilled with the results. I also ordered a pair of earrings from her as well. I really like that Etsy allow you to support independent artists from all over.

Anyway, if you have time, check Lea out on her Etsy site and also here on Photobucket (see the list at the left). She's got lots of different kinds of funky, but sweet jewelry.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Blogger irishdo said...

Thats awesome! I like Etsy but I find it really hard to navigate and find things I am looking for. Can't wait to see the necklace.

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Christy said...

I think Etsy is very cool. There are lots of independent yarn spinners and dyers on there. I love buying direct from an artist!

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Christy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter