Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Bags

Yes, MORE WITH THE BAGS. I got my Petunia Picklebottom a few weeks back and I literally get a compliment every day about it. Nobody ever realizes it's a diaper bag. It's fun and cute and it totally sucks as a diaper bag.

Which I guess isn't surprising given its shape. It's good for storing two bottles, I will give it that. But the pockets aren't deep enough to properly store diapers. My kid's only in a size 3 but they are too tall to have in the pockets and zip the bag. I'm surprised none of the online reviews mentioned this. I could just line the bottom of the bag with the diapers, but then what's the point of having the pockets?

I took Rolo to the doctor's last week and I wanted to bring the bag and pack it with: 4 diapers, two bottles, a pacifier, a set of teething keys, wipes, diaper cream, an extra undershirt and one-pieces outfit (this kid seriously poops himself at the most inopportune times), along with my wallet, cell phone and lipstick.

Yeah, that didn't all fit. And a trip to the doctor's office isn't even a long day out by comparison. You could never go out all day with this bag and be able to carry enough supplies.

So I carry this bag to work, and it holds my water bottle, Rolo's food, my wallet, lipstick, etc. But that's just for getting us to and from day care. Granted, I got this bag to mostly be a work bag that I could just also happen to use as a diaper bag. But really, it's not going to be a useful diaper bag.

I've had the opportunity to see the OiOi one (in GAP Maternity of all places) and while it looks a lot less like a regular purse, it seems to be a lot more functional as a diaper bag. The outer material is sort of vinyl-y though and that kind of makes me hesitant to order one.

My hunt contines.....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter