Monday, September 24, 2007

A Letter to My Body

Dear Body,

In case you haven't noticed, and I'm not sure how you could have missed it, I am breastfeeding. It's true that only occasionally does Rolo himself latch on, that mostly it's a machine, but it still counts. That Rolo is fed entirely with breast milk means that I breastfeed. So it totally counts.

Most women don't get their period while breastfeeding. So I demand an explanation as to why you thought it would be a good idea for me to get mine. I mean I've been wearing a pad or liner or something every second of every day for the last two months. I was excited that I was down to just a liner. Now? Now it's back to the pad. I'd like to be comfortable. Really, just for a day.

And it's not like this is just a regular cyle. You've decided, over the last week, to keep me on my toes. One day bleeding, the next day, not so much. Or a couple of days without bleeding and then WHAMO! Aunt Flo is in the house. It's like you're taunting me, daring me to go anywhere without a supply of pads with me. I think you are out to get me.

So if you could just lay off the menstruating thing, I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks a bunch,
DJ Heavy

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter