Friday, September 14, 2007

LOA

Rolo is 6 weeks old which means that my maternity leave officially ends this week. Unofficially, it continues for another 6 weeks as I will be working from home. It also means it's been 6 weeks since I've been in my office. It doesn't feel like that long. And I haven't missed it. Which I find strange.

I never thought I'd want to be a stay-at-home mom. And now that I have a child, I can say with more authority that I don't want to be a stay-at-home mom. I love Rolo to death but I'm totally okay with someone else caring for him 8 hours a day.

In other news, I made the same mistake twice in the last couple of weeks. I went to the Gallery with Rolo in his Bugaboo. The first time, I thought it was a bad idea but went anyway. Today I knew it was a bad idea and still went. Moron.

There's no way to say this without sounding somewhat racist so if you're easily offended, now's a great time to stop reading. The Gallery, let's say, is not geared towards a white woman in her early 30s. But there's a great bakery, Tiffany's, that I've gotten cakes and pastries from for years and Tiffany's is just about the only good thing of what is otherwise a train wreck. Folks at the Gallery aren't familar with Bugaboos so I get stopped every two feet by women asking me about it. Which isn't so bad, except they usually have a passel of kids with them, all of whom try to climb into the Bugaboo with Rolo. Enough to give me a heart attack.

Tonight my in-laws are coming over so I can take Ron out to dinner. And tomorrow we head to my parents' house for a visit. And Sunday is the christening for Rolo's cousin who was born just 12 days before him. So it's all family all the time this weekend.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter