Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Lately

Well I'm back to work. Sort of.

On Friday night, I took Ron to Penang. We'd both been before, although not with each other. Since it's a chain (I think), I'm not sure how authentic the food is, but I always get the same thing anyway. I'm not too adventurous with my food and I alway get the mango chicken. Mainly because it's the one thing on the menu that I can actually tell what it is. And it's good. Also very good is the Indian pancake appetizer. Super yum. The decor is nothing particularly spectacular and it's pretty loud when it's crowded. Penang is Malaysian, but as far as ambience goes, if I'm going to Chinatown, I prefer Vietnam Restaurant, which is obviously Vietnamese. My palate is not particularly refined, so alot of Asian cuisine tastes similar to me.

Saturday we went to my parents' house for my dad's birthday. My parents couldn't be more thrilled to see Rolo. They are totally smitten and it warms my heart to see that. Rolo has started smiling routinely now, and you would think my parents won the lottery each time he smiled at them. Of course he also smiles at the ceiling, the TV and the inside of his stroller, but who cares? They're very bitter people, my parents, and I think Rolo is beginning to mend their broken hearts.

Sunday was our niece's christening and I had two beers at the party afterward! Whoohoo!

This week and next I'm going to try to establish some sort of schedule for Rolo, since I'm eventually going to need to actually leave the house for work each day and get Rolo to day care. I'm also going to try to reintroduce exercise to my routine. Just power walking to start. I have 10 pounds to lose to be about my pre-pregnancy weight. And I really have another 5 to lose on top of that to be at my ideal weight. But I'll settle for 10 for now. I gained a ton of weight at the end of my pregnancy because of fluid retention, so I've lost about 30 pounds already. But really that was mainly fluid that I sweat out, so it was effortless. This other 10 is not going anywhere without me doing some work. My diet has also gone downhill (it's much easier to eat a donut with one hand than it is to have a bowl of cereal with fruit when your infant is screaming) so I need to start behaving on that front too.

Time to start getting back (somewhat) to my normal life.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter