Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Purging

One of the best things about my husband going away is that I can take the opportunity to round up about 350 medical journals and throw them out. I've done this several times before when he's been away and he never notices. Because, really, when is he ever going to go back to the volume 743 from 2004? Never. And if he was really looking for something, he's look it up online, which is a hell of a lot easier than trying to find a back copy of the journal. However, if I ask if I can throw out some journals, he always says no. But if I just do it, he's none the wiser. These are secrets to a successful marriage.

All told, I threw out about 4 big garbage bags worth of stuff, not including one big bag of clothes to be donated. Spring cleaning is in the air. I vacuumed, mopped, reorganized, dusted, purged, the whole nine yards. The apartment actually looks tidy. Ron's coming home this afternoon so I'm sure by the time I get home from work, the place will look like a tornado blew through again. He just has that effect of putting everything everywhere. And then I will kill him and go to jail.

Hopefully, we're hitting the new Mexican Post tonight, where they have finally added chimichangas to their menu. I love me some Mexican food and I love the Old City Mexican Post, but this one is a little closer to home.

I'm in a delightful mood today, which is strange, considering yesterday I was ready to hire a witch doctor to perform some voodoo on my mother. Perhaps the super weather has something to do with this weirdly optimistic mood. Speaking of which, I think I might need to try to round up a happy hour soon. I need to get in some happy hours before I start getting weird looks. Because nothing raises more eyebrows that a pregnant lady in a bar.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 11:18 AM, Blogger Christy said...

We definitely do need a happy hour. But in the mean time, let me know if you want to have lunch on Friday. I haven't seen you in ages.

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Meg said...

I miss happy hour!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter