Friday, March 23, 2007

Innie

My belly button is totally freaking me out.

I've always had a very...deep belly button. I mean mine took being an "innie" to a whole new level. It was like a black hole deep, you just weren't sure where it ended. It was like someone had taken a melon baller and scooped out where I should have had a belly button. I have awoken from naps on the beach to friends playing a rousing game of improv basketball involving small shells and my bellybutton. I kid you not.

And now behold! My belly button is like right there. I mean the inside part, the part never before visible to the naked eye is suddenly level with the rest of my abdomen. It's not an "outie" yet, but it seems only a matter of time.

It is totally weird.

In other news, I need to step up my time at the gym. I have slacked off during the last month and it shows. A bunch of things contributed to this: the amnio, a minor injury, my grandmother's funeral. But now it's time to get back on track. It doesn't help that I haven't been eating as well as I should either.

I've put on an average amount of weight for being 21 weeks pregnant. Probably around 12 pounds. That being said, in a perfect world it would be more like 8-9 pounds. Given that I still have 19 weeks to go and at a minimum one normally gains a pound a week from this point forward, I'm just going to have to be careful. The target weight gain is 25-35 lbs. Ideally, I'd like to be closer to 25, but my goal is really to not go over 35. Totally doable, but I have to stop having a chocolate croissant every morning. And ice cream at night.

As I expected, my body has decided to distribute the weight all over my body. I can tell my face is getting fuller, as are my thighs. Ugh. I can't complain too much, because it's really not too noticeable yet. Even though we're only talking about 12 lbs so far, I can totally tell a difference, albeit subtle, in how the weight affects my body. I get more winded more easily. While I'm sure some of that has to do with, you know, providing life to another human being, I think a lot of it is just the weight slowing me down a smidge.

So my husband is going to be out of town for the next 4 days at a conference in New Orleans, and I'm taking the opportunity to do a little spring cleaning. Which will involve clearing out the cupboards and making room for some healthier alternatives. This weekend may be all about the food shopping. Oh yeah, and the yoga.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter