Thursday, January 25, 2007

Leap of Faith

Goodbye gin
Goodbye size 4 jeans
Goodbye margaritas
Goodbye brie
Goodbye J. Crew, Banana and Ann
Goodbye deli meat
Goodbye cobra-pose
Goodbye frivilous spending
Goodbye pilates
Goodbye roller coasters
Goodbye sleeping on my back
Goodbye sausage
Goodbye spur-of-the-moment vacations
Goodbye caffiene

Some of you, like alcohol and my favorite stores, I will see later this year. Some of you, like my size 4 jeans, I may not ever cross paths with again (you were an anomaly anyway).

Yeah, so, what I'm trying to say is, I'm knocked up. For those of you I've lied to (I'm on South Beach, I'm hung-over, I have another party to go to), I'm sorry, but it was a necessary evil. When so much of your social life revolves around drinking, you have to come up with all sorts of creative excuses as to why you're not drinking.

Of course, I guess I could have said I was pregnant months ago, but where's the sport in that? Too many women start waving around their pregnancy tests to the world as soon as they get a positive result. That always seemed way too early to me. I knew I'd take the old fashioned route and wait until the end of the first trimester.

And we're still not telling everyone just yet. Okay, I know I'm posting this on, like, the internet but there are about 5 of you reading so it's not like I'm announcing it to the world or anything either.

So there you have it. Holy crap, right? I never really thought I'd have kids, so..... this is going to be, you know, interesting.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter