Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Unfortunate Fashion

On the way to work yesterday, I was walking behind a woman who was wearing a white jersey-knit skirt. My eyeballs were screaming. Overall, the outfit was cute. The skirt was an appropriate knee length and it seemed that she was wearing the proper size. However the fabric did cling a bit around her hips and rear area.

The thing about jersey knits is that they are just so many ways to go wrong. While they're comfortable, versatile and travel well, they can be disappointing transparent in sunlight. The fabric is usually fairly thin and the spandex involved sometimes clings to all the things you'd rather not highlight.

So was the case with my friend in the white skirt. Fearful of the dreaded pantyline, I presume, she chose to wear a thong. I know that not because she chose some darkly colored undergarment; in fact it seems she chose some sort of tan (which is ALWAYS the way to go under white). But the outline of that thong was clearly visible. And frankly, it was obvious that there was no other fabric between that skirt and this woman's ass.

I seriously wanted pull her aside and ask, "Are you on your way to work? Because, really, you can't go to work like that. You need to change."

But I didn't.

1 Comments:

At 4:36 AM, Blogger Christy said...

I refuse to even try on white pants or a white skirt for this reason. Michelle keeps encouraging me to do so but I will not.

I rezlize in this case that it was a combo of color, undergarment, fabric, and cottage-cheese ass but still, I'm not taking any chances.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter