Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Grief

You know who's on my nerves? This lady. The protest lady. I think President Bush should meet with her. I'd love to hear what her plan is, you know, if we did pull all U.S. troops out immediately. Because I really hope she has a plan other than "pull all U.S. troops out immediately." If not, then what she's really asking is that we totally fuck over Iraqis even more.

I'd love to pull all the troops out tomorrow. I would love to protest this war. I would love for not one more soldier to die. I would love to hold hands with fellow protesters and sign kumbaya and pray for world peace.

But what's the flip side? Someone who wants to pull out now has either come to one of two conclusions: that Iraq will achieve a peaceful existence if we leave immediately, an unlikely outcome, or who cares what the hell happens to Iraq as long as our soldiers are come home. We pull out now and there's a civil war in Iraq that will make the current insurgency look like Candyland. It's a mess over there, a mess we helped make and a mess, it seems, we need to help clean up.

Grief is an awful thing. I imagine it can consume you and other parts of your life suffer. For that, I do sympathize with this woman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter