Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Welcome Home

Like the big ol' dork I am, I found myself glued to the TV this morning watching the Discovery landing. I've never really paid much attention to NASA stuff, which is weird, because watching the Challenger explosion as a kid is one of the memories I most clearly recall.

Being a bit of a pessimist, I thought the Discovery crew was toast. I didn't want that to happen, but I heard terms like "falling foam" and "ripped thermal blanket" and just thought things weren't going to go so well.

Regardless at 8:12 a.m., I was jumping up and down in my living room clapping my hands. Almost crying.

Welcome home, Discovery.

1 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Blogger Star said...

Wow, until you mentioned Challenger, I had almost forgotten that memory...were we in 4th grade? I can remember sitting in the classroom watching and seeing the explosion, we were all sent home from school that day.

I was relieved to see that they had landed too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter