Friday, May 06, 2005

Annnoying Me

Last night, after I finished work and before he went to work, I had a Ron-sighting. He asked me, "What weeks should I pick for vacation next year?"

Hmmm. "Next year" starts July 1st. I ask when his selections were due. "Tomorrow." Oh, of course. I would love to plan my vacation for the next 12 months within the NEXT TEN MINUTES. I tell him that I don't care what weeks he picks, but generally, anytime between late May and July isn't good for me to take a whole week off, which is why Ron has the first two weeks of June off already for this year. Anyway, his response is, "well I thought you'd want to plan when the honeymoon is."

I think this is what they call putting the cart before the horse.

Here's the normal timeline of wedding planning: 1. couple gets engaged 2. couple decides on a wedding date 3. couple makes all necessary wedding/reception arrangements 4. couple plans honeymoon 5. couple gets married and then goes on honeymoon.

If you notice, they do NOT pick the dates of the honeymoon BEFORE they're engaged.

You know those women? The ones that cry and beg and threaten and totally lose their minds, all in an attempt to "persuade" their boyfriends to propose? Yeah, I'm not one of those women. But I swear some days it surprises me that I'm not.

1 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Blogger Christy said...

I totally knew what was coming when I read the first few sentences of your post.

"he's asking because of the wedding" is what was in my head.

It's good to know he's going to be putting the whole series in motion sooner rather than later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter