Monday, January 03, 2005

2005

Wow there's a lot of dust on that pipe, I realized as I sat on the bathroom floor hovering near death. I really need to dust under here.

The morning had started out innocently enough. The alarm woke me up early (Ron had to be at work) and other than being really tired and having a vague throbbing in my head, I was feeling okay. We had gotten home at 3 a.m. which accounted for the tiredness and comparatively, the headache wasn't bad. I promptly fell back to sleep.

Two hours later, Ron calls, bored, because apparently people don't have heart attacks on New Year's Day, or at the very least, have the decency to wait until the Mummer's Parade is over to have them. We chatted for awhile during which time I realized that my head felt considerably worse. Popped some Target brand Tylenol and tried to go back to sleep. Alas, it was not meant to be. There was this strange sensation in my stomach and suddenly I knew there would be no more sleep that morning. Instead, I would spend the day (yes, the day) getting re-aquainted with my bathroom, playing a nice game of "gee-I-don't-remember-eating-that". This was one instance when I was thankful for a carpeted bathroom. It made sitting on the floor so much more comfy. I didn't drink enough the night before to be as sick as I was, so I'm blaming the whole thing on a fight that must have broken out between the bottom shelf gin that was in my drinks at the Tin Angel and the pinot grigio I had with dinner.

Sorry, I'm laughing now because I'm thinking of Jim Breuer. Have you ever see the Jim Breuer skit? When he talks about drinking and how different drinks are like people at a party-- the more "people" (drinks) you have, the more likely things are going to get out of control and finally, the "bouncer" (your stomach) eventually throws everyone out.

Yeah, it was kinda like that.

Anyway, the rest of the day was spent in a fog watching parts of the Mummer's Parade (go Avalon!) and listening to Ron laugh at me when he would call. Happy New Year. Since I flushed all remnants of 2004 down the toilet, literally, 2005 has to be better.

Right?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter