Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Not Enough Time

I cannot BELIEVE this weekend is Christmas. I'm running out of time. I have not wrapped a thing. I realized last night that the gloves I bought my grandmother do not AT ALL match the scarf I got for her. So I need to return and re-buy something that matches. And I've got to do some pre-Christmas laundry. I thought I had tons of time to do all this, but I don't. I'm going to my parents' house on Friday, so everything needs to be done by Thursday night. Except Ron and I are doing "our Christmas" Thursday night, so ideally everything should be done by Wednesday night. Which is tomorrow night.

Which wouldn't be a problem. Except now tonight we're going to Ron's parents' house because...that clan is having some issues. His poor year-old niece has an appointment with a surgeon this morning because she may have a fissula (I have no idea if I'm spelling that correctly) somewhere in her intestines. For those of you who don't understand doctor-speak, it means she's pooping out her vagina. NOT GOOD! And you thought Dooce had issues with bowel movements. Anyway, we're hoping it's not that and that if it is that, that it's congential and not an indication of a larger problem. Like Crohn's disease. Ron's niece, Baby D as she's called, was previously diagnosed with some minor GI problems and allergies after she was born which resulted in her taking some medication before feedings. Everyone was told she would probably grow out of that. But maybe this is all tied in somehow.

Ron's dad, on the other hand, is in the process of driving home from Florida and is retaining fluid in his legs and stomach. His children are trying to convince him to go straight to the doctor upon arriving in PA, but he's refusing. So I think Ron's going to go examine him and try to make a strong case for him going to the ER.

It's a mess, I tell ya. I'm hoping everyone will be okay.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter