Tuesday, July 22, 2008

More Than Just A Little Strange

Randomly, over the last few weeks, a recurring thought has popped into my brain: "If I ever have another baby, maybe I'll use cloth diapers."

I've read up on it a little bit and it definitely doesn't seem to be anything like our mothers' version of cloth diapers anymore. I'm sure there is a learning curve, but it doesn't seem very difficult. Plus the diaper covers are so cute.

The big question is whether day care and cloth diapers go hand in hand. They do not, methinks. But I suppose I could conceivably do it while on maternity leave. And no, I'm not pregnant by the way.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 7:09 AM, Blogger Christy said...

I think if we were to ever have a baby, I would want to use cloth diapers. I changed the old fashioned kind of cloth diapers when I was 12 years old. I think using these new ones with the velcro and the cute covers would be so easy. I was so used to cloth diapers being used by my mom and my aunts that it just makes sense to me. The maintenance and cleaning is not as gross as you would think.

I'm not surprised that you are thinking of this. You've gotten quite "granola" as a mom.

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger irishdo said...

If you stop shaving your armpits I am staging an intervention!

Actually, I did look into them which shocks me. You can not use them at daycare, I think it is a state reg. They are also a fairly big monetary committment up front although cheaper in the long run. It just may not pay off if you were only going to use them for a few months.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter