Sunday, July 13, 2008

Nicer Than Most of My Furniture

While Rolo certainly has his share of some "blinky, blinky" toys as I call them, we try to ensure that he also is exposed to good old-fashion toys that require thinking, imagination and lack...characters. As in Disney, Sesame Street, Cars, etc. He's too young, of course, to really buy into any characters (though he does seem to have an affinity for Elmo) but I figure there's no need to get him hooked too early either.

The three blinky-blinky toys that he has and plays with on a regular basis are:
LeapFrog Learn and Groove Table
Fisher Price Musical Stage
Baby Einstein Exersaucer
Up until recently, he'd play with each of these nearly every day. But alas, the onset of crawling and cruising made the exersaucer less than desireable and for some reason the stage isn't being used as often either. But he still loves his LeapFrog table and that's okay because there's lots of educational components to it.

However, for his birthday, I got him the no-frills Haba Discovery Wagon. There's no blinky-blinky, but it's sturdy, attractive and probably better quality than that Ikea shit sitting in my living room. Which reminds me. I really should buy new furniture.

Oh who am I kidding? I also got it because it'll look nicer sitting in his room than this.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 6:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

We just picked up a Discocery Wagon for our son. He just loves it!. We got it at Landbridge Toys.

Haba Discovery Wagon

 
At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you're not buying him the crazy battery operated Hummer? Because that is SUCH a practical gift. For a baby.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter