Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Latest Addition to the Family

I've given birth!

Well, figuratively. I've got a new site up and running called Philadelphia Moms. I've been posting for a few weeks now, but there's lots more I need to do with it.

For one thing, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get widgets or buttons on the site, including a site meter. Granted, I haven't spent more than two minutes at a pop trying to figure it out either. I'd like to increase the readership, maybe get involved with BlogHer, advertising. Who knows? Maybe I won't have time for any of that and it'll just stay as it is.

But what I realized is there's no good site for moms in the city. No real resource on what do to with yourself on maternity leave. Most of us city moms are stroller bound and when you've got a newborn it's overwhelming to figure out which places are stroller friendly. My goal (which may be unattainable, depending on how much time I dedicate to developing the site) is to create place where moms in Philly can come, get information or ideas and maybe even have exchanges. I'm open to any and all suggestions. There's people out there who are a lot better at this than I am. Feel free to link to this new site if you're reading.

Who knows where it's all going? But check it out.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Blogger Star said...

You are doing this so you can meet and befriedn Maggie Mason and Dooce!

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger DJ Heavy D said...

Actually I'm doing this because I want to BE Maggie. If I get in her inner circle, maybe I can just take over her identity.

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger irishdo said...

I am impressed! Look at you with the mad computer skills. Remember the little people when you have turned the website into a successful business. I see definite potential

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Christy said...

Love it! Very cute with great content.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter