Thursday, May 29, 2008

Tap, Tap

Is this thing on?

I'm still here and it completely escaped my attention that I haven't posted in a week. Time flies when you're busy as hell.

Work is busy, busy, busy these days. And my nights have been spent cooking baby food and letting Rolo experiment with self-feeding. I got this great book, "The Petit Appetit" and it was just the thing I needed to get my ass in gear. I've been steaming and chopping to my heart's content. I don't how long this making-my-own-baby-food will last, but then, I don't suppose I have much of a choice since I can't feed him the jarred stuff forever.

So far he'll eat carrots and green beans steamed and chopped, even though he totally turns his nose up at the jarred versions of those very items. And he's in love with unseasoned ground turkey (bleck). Me? I spend the meals silently praying that he won't start to choke.

Speaking of baby food, know what gets on my nerves? That they don't make as much variety of organic baby food as they do the conventional stuff. And like, it doesn't really make sense. Gerber makes organic carrots, sweet potatoes and green beans, but not peas. Why no peas? (actually, I just researched this and they do make organic peas but only in stage one for younger babies--weird). And also no mixed veggies like a garden or summer vegetable like the conventional version. There are 5 varieties of both otganic fruits and vegetables, but 12 conventional fruit varieties and 9 vegetable varieties. Snap to it Gerber! I was to see more organic variety!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter