Thursday, April 17, 2008

Not That It Matters

Somehow, I missed last night's debate entirely. I'm not sure how this happened, as I had planned on watching it, and I had even been reminded of it late yesterday afternoon, when a swarm of helicopters and motorcades were surrounding the area near Rolo's daycare, which is a block away from where the debate was taking place.

Not that it matters. I can't vote for a candidate in the Democratic primary anyway, so I'm in the strange position (at least for me) of having to wait and see who is selected and THEN having to pay attention their politics. I can be for or against either candidate right now, and it doesn't really matter for my purposes until the presidential election.

Maybe I should register as an independent.

What I do know, is that Hillary is in some real trouble. I thought there would be a good number of women who would vote for her, not only because they might agree with her politics, but also because she's a woman. Oh, don't roll your eyes at me. Anyone who argues that there isn't a sect of people who vote for a candidate that they identify with based on gender or race is either dillusional or looking at the world through rose-colored glasses. Anyway, a lot of women I've spoken with, ones who were previously pro-Hillary, are now....unsure. They really want to jump on the Obama train. This is not a good sign.

She doesn't even bother me as much as she used to.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Blogger Christy said...

My mom has been quite irate recently that so many people assume that she, as a white woman, will vote for Hillary. She's undecided at this point but it's really been bugging her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter