Monday, January 21, 2008

I Wear My Sunglasses At Night

More eye-bitching. My conjuntivis, aka "pink eye" started to clear up the end of last week, when a new eye problem emerged. My left eye, the one which had the pink eye worse, felt like a tiny knife was stabbing it in the back somewhere. Know how it feels when you've got something in your eye and it starts to tear? And then it starts to close involuntarily because it's trying to flush whatever it is out? Yeah, it was kind of like that. Except for days. Now, pink eye does make it feel like you've got sand or dirt or something in your eyes, but it's annoying, not exactly painful. This was painful. I couldn't keep my eye open and if I did, it also caused my vision to start going wonky.

I'm not an emergency room type of person. I've never gone to one personally (well, other than to "check in" when I was in labor) and I could really only envision going if I were bleeding. A lot. That being said, on Saturday, I was seriously considering going to the Wills Eye Emergency Room. My eye really hurt, I was having extreme light sensitivity (as in wearing sunglasses inside), and my vision was all over the place. I was walking into things and my depth perception was totally off. I made the decision that if things were still that bad on Monday, it was off to Wills Eye, I go.

Yesterday, things improved somewhat. Today, my eye feels a lot better, but still light sensitivity and my vision is still blurred. In fact, staring at a computer this long is not helping so I'm going to sign off. Two weeks until my ophthomology appointment!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter