Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I'm Thankful for Day Care

Well, of course, this year I have to say I am most thankful for my son, specifically that he was born completely healthy.

But I also have to say that Rolo going to day care has been great too. It has afforded me the opportunity to miss my son. Strange, I know. Why would I be happy about missing someone? The reality, however, at least for me, is that now I look forward to spending time with Rolo in a way that I didn't or couldn't when I was spending 24 hours a day with him. I'm not saying that stay-at-home moms don't appreciate the time they spend with their kids and I'm not saying I didn't in some ways love being home with him. But when you're with someone 24/7 (literally), well, you don't look forward to spending time with them quite as much. Now instead of looking forward to the end of the day so Ron would take Rolo for a little while, I look forward to the end of the day because I get to pick up my son. And I get excited about that every workday.

I'm leaving work early today to pick Rolo up and I took off on Friday to spend the day with him. And I couldn't be looking forward to it more. And that? That is what I'm thankful for.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, Blogger Christy said...

It warms my heart when you say "my son." It's very sweet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter