Monday, November 06, 2006

Swanky

So overall the cocktail party was a success. I have no idea what I'll do when I get a house, because it took me nearly a week to clean the apartment and I still didn't get to everything I wanted to do. The apartment generally speaking looked great though.

Kimberly and John, bless their hearts, arrived early, something I specifically told Kim not to do. Since she never has listened to me before, I'm not sure why I thought she's start to now. I had literally just thrown my clothes on and was still trying to get a handle on food and what was going were when the doorbell rang. Even though they're some of my best friends, I still feel the need to impress them and seem pulled together so I felt I had to start entertaining them instead of continuing to get ready. Anyway, Kim of course wound up being super helpful and honestly she genuinely likes helping out. So she might be the main reason food was actually out on the tables.

I was totally lazy too and with the exception of the guacamole, everything was store-bought. It was my first real party and I didn't feel like cooking on top of it. So I cheated. Martha Stewart I am not and I'm totally okay with that. Okay, maybe a little bit I wish I was more like that. There are people who throw parties that make it seem effortless and I fail miserably on that front. I can't seem to multi-task and do hostess duties while talking to guests. I just totally forget that I put hors d'eourves in the oven until smoke detector goes off. Okay, that didn't actually happen, but you get my point. I had a really great time though and I think everyone else did too. My friends were super helpful and everyone mingled really well. I couldn't really ask for more.

I'm actually itching to have another one. I'm thinking maybe right before the holidays, not as many people. Just to get rid of all the alcohol we've accumulated.

Super tired today. Didn't go to the gym this morning, so.....must put in double time tonight.

2 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, Blogger Meg said...

The soiree was FABULOUS & you are a wonderful hostess! I love your apartment, by the way. Looking forward to hosting you two in a few weeks!!!

 
At 4:44 AM, Blogger Christy said...

I had a fabulous time. I thought the mingling was good, especially as the night progressed.

Can't wait for the next one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter