Friday, October 20, 2006

Get Thee to the Gym

That's right, I'm going to yammer on about going to the gym some more. Feel free to tune out now.

I'm a little disgusted with myself. Remember that little experiment from two weeks ago, where I was only going to do aerobic activity for two weeks--cutting out pilates, etc.? Yeah, I failed at completing that. I was sick the second week and then I went away, and this week so far has been a waste. Lame excuses. I've only gone to the gym one morning this week. I've gone in the evenings but not for substantial amounts of time. Know why I didn't go this morning? Because it was raining. I was awake, I actually didn't feel tired, my apartment was warm, so it's not like I just wanted to stay snuggled under the covers. I just didn't feel like going out in the rain. That's not even a real reason.

So I feel like crap. And it's a self-perpetuating cycle for me: the longer I don't work out regularly, the crappier I feel and the crappier I feel, the less I feel like going to the gym. I am well aware that days I go to the gym in the morning I'm happier, more focused and have more energy. So it's a mystery why I want to sabotage that by not going.

The downward spiral continues. My eating hasn't been so hot. I've been indulging. A lot. I'm worried about how this is effecting Ron. When I get dessert, he tends to as well. When I suggest ordering food or eating out, I know I'm giving the green light for both of us to get nachos, french fries, wings and other assorted comfort food. Unfortunately, he doesn't have time to work out as much as I do and frankly it's beginning to show. That man cannot afford to put on any more weight. If you've ever met his father, you'd understand. So it's not just that I'm eating unhealthy, but I'm dragging Ron down too. Plus I'm concerned because it never gets easier to motivate youself once the colder weather sets in, I find AND soon there will be much holiday baking to be done.

The good news is that I usually get to a point where I'm so disgusted with myself that I really get back on the ball. I'm at that point now, I think, although hindsight is always 20/20 with these things. My plan is, hopefully, to do yoga tomorrow with stupid not-Nora instructor and to re-start my two week aerobic experiment.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

1 Comments:

At 1:58 PM, Blogger Star said...

You are singing my song, in so many ways...

I haven't been in 2 weeks, and I feel it both physically and mentally.

LOVED the "so let it be written, so let it be done" quote. I say that all the time and Christy looks at me like I have two heads!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter