Friday, September 02, 2005

Open Letters

Dear Citizens of New Orleans,

Setting what little remains of your city on fire is doing little to help the situation. Also, taking over police stations by shooting police officer sniper-style is unacceptable. When the looting first started, I was hoping that I was wrong about how bad it would get. I don't want to hear your whining when the National Guard moves in and declares martial law, because this is going to get worse, before it gets better. They're going to shoot citizens. There's a lot of good people out there, but the bad ones have taken over and what happens next will be the fault of those bad people.

Sincerely,
Boom



Dear President Bush,

Where the fuck is the National Guard? Are they coming from China? I know there are logistical issues in that region, and really, I'm not one to usually criticize the federal government, but if reporters can move from one location to another you can certainly get some military back-up in there. And I'm not talking about sending 1,000 troops. You need to get 100,000 troops in there--and not just to New Orleans. You need to get the residents out of there and you need to get them food and water. These people are starving to death.

And what's with that stupid smirk you're wearing everytime you talk about this? It's like you can't keep a straight face. You're reminding me of freakin' Clinton who couldn't stop smiling even when talking about the most serious of situations. It's been 5 days since this hurricane and 4 days since the levees broke, and all I hear is a lot of lip service about "help is on the way." Unacceptable, dude.

Sincerely,
Boom



Dear Mayor Nagin,

Rock on. You're never going to work in politics again after this, but good for you for telling it like it is. That governor of yours is pretty good, but she doesn't lay it out like you do. You were all cussing on national TV, sending out an S.O.S to the nation. Thanks for keeping it real. I hope things work out for you, man, because you can hear the desperation in your voice and it's heartwrenching. I love New Orleans. It's one of my favorite cities and one I've always planned to return to again. It breaks my heart to see this happening to your city and its people.

May God help you,
Boom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter