Monday, September 19, 2005

Wedding Bliss

Saturday was my friend Heather's wedding and after spending most of Friday and Saturday obsessively checking the Weather Channel, it turned out to be a beautiful evening. Humid, but no rain which was fantastic since the ceremony was outdoors. Both the ceremony and reception were here, and the location was beautiful.

We spent Friday frantically putting centerpieces and bouquets together. And despite me being a doubting Thomas, the flowers turned out great. There were some last minute alterations, but all and all, you couldn't tell they weren't professionally done. Maybe I have a future in floral design. I can tell you one thing though, Heather is more organized than I have ever given her credit for. She had everything about the favors and centerpieces labeled so that it was virtually idiot-proof for the rest of us.

Friday was the rehearsal. Saturday I went to breakfast with the other bridesmaids and then we met Heather for hair and makeup. Heather had us so on the ball, that we were all done and ready by 1:30pm with nowhere to go. The photographer wasn't coming for another 2 and a half hours. So we sat. And then paced nervously. And then reapplied makeup. And then pressed our dresses again. And paced. And watched more Weather Channel. And reapplied makeup to the point of looking like drag queens. And pressed our dresses again. And paced. Until it was 3:45p.m.

From that point on the day and night flew. Before I knew it, it was 1a.m. and I was on my way back to the hotel.

Of the few things that do stand out in my mind was the vows. We all bawled during the vows. Heather's groom, who has never been among my favorite individuals, blew me away with his vows, which he wrote. And for the first time, I really understood his and Heather's relationship. I had never really understood them as a couple. But Saturday, I got it and it was beautiful.

I haven't really grasped the whole digital camera thing. Meaning that I'm great at taking photos with my camera, but now they are inside my camera and I'm not sure how to get them anywhere else. I'm going to see if I can finagle something with Flickr later today and post some pics here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter