Monday, September 19, 2005

Plateau

I've hit a weight loss plateau. Actually, it's more than just weight loss, I've hit an overall fitness plateau. It's all alittle frustrating, but to be honest, I'm probably not trying as hard as I could be. I'm still doing at least 30 minutes of cardio 6 days a week. Most days it's about 40 minutes and that's usually in the mornings. I've been slacking on going back after work for an additional 30-40 minutes. To boot, I've been missing my stretching and pilates classes due to some conflicts.

Up until last week, I was still lifting free weights 3 days a week. No matter what lifts I did, at what weight level, it didn't seem that the back of my upper arms looked toned. When I flex, you can see defined tricep muscle, but when my arms are relaxed at my sides, they look flabby. Ugh. So I took last week off the weights and I'm trying to figure out a new plan. After a year of lifting free weights, my arms should look better than they do.

So that's what I need: a new plan. My two problem areas are my upper arms and my lower abdomen. I would like to lose about 8 more pounds since I haven't lost any weight in months now but that's secondary to really wanting to tone up the arms and lower abdomen. I'm sure my stomach would be better if I was alittle more regimented about doing crunches, pilates moves, etc. But I am at a loss about those arms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter