Monday, August 22, 2005

Conversations

Telling the engagement story at a party:

Party Guest: So did he get down on one knee?
Me: No, we were in public and he knew I didn't want a scene.
Party Guest: So what did you say when he asked you?
Me: What did I say?
Party Guest: Yeah, he asked, "Will you marry me?" and what did you say?
Me: Well I asked if he was serious and then he showed me the ring and laughed and said that he was serious.
Party Guest: So how did you say "yes"?
Me: Oh. Hey Ron, when you asked me to marry you, did I ever answer you?
R (thinking for a minute): You know, I don't think you did.
Me (to Party Guest): Yeah, I don't think I ever answered him.
Party Guest: Well that's okay. You're just still thinking about it. You can still change your mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter