Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Lift, Baby, Lift

I've been going to my gym for 6 months now and I'm still going 5-6 days a week. Can I tell you how pleased I am with myself? So pleased. This is the longest I've ever stuck with a regular work out routine. While I never look forward to going to the gym, it has become engrained that I must go to the gym. On days when I come home from work and I'm tired and just don't feel like going, I contemplate getting into my pj's for about 15 seconds. Then autopilot kicks in and something propels me to change into work out clothes. Since the weather's gotten colder, the gym has gotten a lot more crowded. This annoys me to no end. But I go and use whatever piece of equipment is available, usually I'm able to get on a bike or eliptical.

The eliptical machine, by the way, has fulfilled its promise, bringing me to my next point and the new love of my life: my ass. Feel free to stop reading now.

Over the years I never paid much attention to my ass. Fortunately, any weight I gained never headed there--it all headed to my thighs, belly and arms. But my ass was pretty non-existent. I noticed several months ago, the gravity might be starting to have its way with my ass and sought solutions to rectify the potential problem before it became a full fledged problem that required surgical instruments. The eliptical machine and lunges were the answer. So I conquered my fear of the elipticals, did the lunges and now I'm proud to say that my ass is rock solid. Bring on the Brazilian bikini! (okay I'm so totally kidding because there is no way I'd ever wear a Brazilian bikini, not even if I had won 1st place for World's Best Ass.)

Anyway, the next body parts that need focus are my arms and belly. Despite losing weight, and lifting weights, my arms aren't as toned as I'd like. So push-ups for the arms and some crunches for the belly. I HATE crunches. Sigh.

I said before that I was so pleased with myself for maintaining my gym routine, but that's only half true. While I certainly appreciate that I am definitely doing much more than I did before (which wasn't hard because before I didn't exercise at all), I know that I don't push myself enough. My workouts are usually about 30-40 minutes, then about 15 minutes of lifting some days. I need to increase the cardio part to at least 35-50 minutes, with a certain number of days (let's say 3 a week) when I do the 50 minutes. And like I said, I need to add in the push ups and crunches now too.

But progress is slow, so they say. I can't believe I've stuck with this 6 months!


1 Comments:

At 9:48 AM, Blogger Star said...

Can your new nickname be "Sweetcheeks?"

I will have to check out your ass when I see you, because typically, being the respectful friend that I am I do not check out your ass, though now I feel obligated to do so, and to report to the world that you are either being truthful about the rock hard ass or leading us on. Haha.

Congrats on sticking with the gym, it is so great and you should definitely be proud of yourself.

Maybe they'll ask you to pose for the buns on the next Buns of Steel video!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter