Monday, December 06, 2004

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

I've been humming Christmas songs all day, so I thought I'd chronicle my favorites here.

Top Five Favorite Religious Christmas Songs:
5. Emmanuel
4. Noel
3. Silent Night
2. Do You Hear What I Hear? (particularly the Whitney "Before She Was On Crack" Houston Version)
And my all-time favorite:
1. O Holy Night (seriously, I get chills every time the singer gets to the part "Fall on your knees, O hear the angels voices")

Favorite Instrumental Christmas Songs:
Pachabel's Cannon D
Mannheim Steamroller's Carol of the Bells

Top Five Favorite Traditional Christmas Songs:
5. Frosty the Snowman
4. Deck the Halls
3. Winter Wonderland
2. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
1. Carol of the Bells

Top Five Favorite Pop Christmas Songs:
5. Christmas Wrapping
4. Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree
3. Dominic The Italian Christmas Donkey
2. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen by BNL and Sarah McLachlan
1. Last Christmas by Wham

Favorite Christmas Song that I'm Embarrassed to Admit:
All I Want for Christmas by Mariah Carey (I know, I know, but doesn't it make you want to dance?)

Favorite "Sort of" Christmas Song:
Same Old Lang Syne by Dan Fogelberg


What are your favorite holiday songs? C'mon people, don't be afraid to comment--I know you're reading!


1 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Blogger Star said...

I was right there with you, loving all the same songs until the end. You, Christy, and Kelly should form a fan club for Dan Fogelberg!!! Nerds, all of you! Just teasing, it is a good song.

The only thing I would add is Harry Connick Jr., Must have been old Santa Claus. I love the whole cd, but that song in particular really gets me feeling Christmasy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter