Monday, November 01, 2004

Planning

Didn't plan well for the outlet shopping trip. We wound up going but I hadn't actually thought of ideas for Christmas presents. I got a chip n' dip set for myself, but other than that, we left empty-handed.

Overall, it was a relaxing weekend. Saturday I did a whole bunch of cleaning, which while not the most exciting thing, was somwhat rewarding. I find cleaning very therapuetic. Yesterday I went to the bookclub and got to see Cathy's kids, Joshua and new baby, Eve. Both are just adorable. Speaking of adorable, Ron and I went to go see his nieces for Halloween. One is 11 months old and is just a super-squishy baby that you just cuddle forever. The other is 3 years old and she has the flu or something. The poor thing was running a fever and had a tummy ache. She kept saying, "Go away, belly. You're hurting me, go away." It was a sin. She was totally disinterested in going trick or treating or having any candy--a true sign a child is sick. Both were pumpkins for Halloween, but the sick one wouldn't keep her costume on, which was fine because she was overheated.

Going to Michigan next week and I'm a flutter of planning activity. Trying to price renting cars vs. flying, figure out hotels in at least two different locations, and see whether a stop over in Canada is possible (yes, Michelle, I could be going to visit Utopia).

Planning, planning, planning. I think I've decided that we're driving, because flights are pretty expensive on short notice and we'd have to rent a car when we got out there anyway. It's about a 10 hour drive. Ron and I have taken 28 hour driving trips together though (our first date actually), so this is no problem. Ron's got interviews in two different towns. One's ghetto so trying to find a hotel in that one could prove challenging.

Planning....got to get back to Expedia....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter