Wednesday, October 27, 2004

SBC

One of the greatest places to eat in Philadelphia is Vietnam Restaurant, which is right across the street from Vietnam Palace, just to confuse people. I've never been to the "Palace" so I don't know whether it's good or not, but I have this weird way of pledging allegiance to things like restaurants, so you won't find me in the Palace anytime soon. It would be like a betrayal of Vietnam Restaurant, because obviously they must be in competition and I can't imagine that the Palace is better than the Restaurant. Because Vietnam Restaurant's drink menu includes beverages like the Suffering Bastard and Virgin's Downfall.

How could you not order a Virgin's Downfall?

Actually, a couple of people from work go specifically to order Suffering Bastards, because, well, that's what we feel like we are. It's oddly gratifying to get shit-faced on something that's specifically expresses what you're feeling. Kind of like Hallmark cards for drunks.

Last night, the Suffering Bastards Club (or SBC) met and the drinks flowed. The result this morning is a pounding headache.

Which actually makes me feel like having a Suffering Bastard.

2 Comments:

At 7:52 AM, Blogger Christy said...

You're a mess.

Aren't those restaurants owned by the same people?

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Broadband Guy said...

Hey Boom, alot if information about SBC Yahoo! on SBC. I have a great resource I can offer your blog readers on SBC Yahoo!. Stop by yourself sometime too if yah like!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter