Thursday, November 04, 2004

Breakfast of Champions

I go on weird breakfast kicks, where I'll only eat one thing for long periods of time, before getting bored and switching to something else for another long period of time. For a couple of years ago it was a bagel, toasted with butter every morning. Then it was Pop-Tarts. Either strawberry or cinnamon sugar. Then I started dropping carbs and for the better part of the last year, it's been turkey bacon and eggs or Eggbeaters every morning. There was something satisfying about "cooking" breakfast each day. I felt like I had more energy going to work and was less hungry by lunch. It worked.

Lately though, an interesting phenomenon has occurred. Cereal. Post's Maple Pecan Crunch cereal to be exact. In the past, cereal phases never lasted long. I think this had more to do with a chronic mental block regarding buying milk. Cereal's no good without milk. I would have cereal in the house but not milk which resulted in the cereal sitting in the cabinet for months until I finally realized I was never going to buy milk and threw the box out.

For some reason lately, I'm buying milk. I think it's because I'm also making coffee in the mornings and use milk in that. So every morning it's Maple Pecan Crunch with milk. It's been that way for about a month now. We'll see how long this kick lasts.

1 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Blogger Christy said...

I've been eating a Quaker Chewy Granola Bar every day for breakfast since January 2002. Not tired of them yet. Going on three years.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter