Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Hello, Could We Have a President, Please?

At 1:30am, as I drifted off to sleep, I had a feeling I would wake up and there wouldn't be a president elected. I was right.

Electoral votes are 254 to 252 in favor of Bush currently with Ohio still up for grabs. Are the days where we elect a president on election day over?

Bush has the popular vote. How did that happen? He's been sooo...unpopular. Now on CNN this morning I'm listening to Democrats talk about how it's hard to beat a popular war-time president. What? But he hasn't be popular since right after September 11th. His approval rating has been below 50%. I just don't get it.

And then I saw an exit poll listing that indicated that the top issue for voting Americans wound up being moral values, followed by the economy and terrorism. Are you kidding me? Moral values? What is this country coming to? I've literally been picking my jaw up off the floor all morning.

I can't believe that Bush could win this thing. He may not. But I thought there was no way he would. I really can't believe it. I had been predicting that within 30 years, we would be basically a one party system. I'm just in disbelief.

It could take up to 11 days to count all the Ohio votes. I'm hoping it doesn't. Well, that's not true. I hope it doesn't get dragged out in lawsuits and court hearings forever. But every vote does deserve to be counted.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter