Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Updates

No, I have not fallen off the face of the earth. Here's what I've been up to:

-Thanksgiving. It was a little cozy in our apartment, but hosting Thanksgiving for 8 people turned out pretty well. Food was good, no china was broken, and I think everyone had a good time.

-Massively large projects at work. Lots of budgeting. It's amazing how budgeting can be extremely hard and yet boring at the same time.

-Parties. My husband's siblings all tend to procreate around the same time, and so two nieces and one nephew all have birthdays within 12 days of each other. Which meant several birthday parties. Plus, a "Santa" party for Ron's sister's godchildren (I think she's a godmother seven or eight times over) and all the godchildren's siblings. I don't know, it's about 20 kids. Ron plays Santa. It's pretty funny. Coming up are a slew of other work-related and friend-related Christmas parties as well.

-Testing. I mentioned before that Rolo was supposed to get some testing done. So far, we've managed to get two X-rays and the bloodwork done. The skin tests are up next, and I'm not sure what I want to do about the sweat test. Rolo was totally spooked by the X-ray machine, even though I was able to stand next to him the whole time (and pin down his arms--fun!). As soon as I picked him up off the bed, he started saying "bye" and waving to the machine as if to say, "Yeah, time to go now!"

-Christmas shopping. We've actually managed to get to a mall once or twice. Still lots more to get.

-Operation Kill Binky. After a couple of misfires, the discontinuation of the binky has gone rather well. Rolo has gone to bed without a pacifier every night for the last week. He cries a bit when we first put him in the crib, but it's only for a few minutes. I have, however, made some exceptions and allowed him to have his binky during these X-rays and blood draws. He is, after all, only 16 months old. In addition, I've finally given him a toy, Fred the Monkey, to sleep with--up until this point, he's never had anything else besides a pacifier in his crib with him.

Well, that's it for now. Hopefully, I'll get back to posting again soon.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter