Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Behold the Belly

I'm back! And my next post will be all about my adventures in Florida. But right now, I need to address another issue that is looming.

The belly. It is very large.

I went through a fairly lengthy phase of not looking pregnant. And then for awhile, I looked pregnant some days and not others. Or I just looked like I'd put on weight. But now? Now for the last week and a half, it consistently looks like I've shoved a volleyball under my shirt. On one hand, it's kind of nice that it's obvious now, that people aren't silently wondering. On the other hand, it looks like I've shoved a volleyball under my shirt.

I know what you're thinking: "Enough with the pregnancy stuff. When is she going to get over the fact that she's knocked up?" I know, I know. It's boring to read about. I'm a bit sick of it myself. It's just that now being pregnant is this real thing with real evidence (unlike the ultrasound pictures which are apparently just figments of my imagination). The belly states the undeniable truth. There's a bun in the oven.

In fact, over the weekend, Ron and I were walking around South Beach, Miami and we happened to walk past what appeared to be the politically correct might call "residentially challenged" individual. At any rate, he was an older man, wearing only a nightshirt, pushing around an empty shopping cart and asking passerbys for change. But as Ron and I passed, he suddenly said in a loud, enthusiastic voice, "You're having a baby! A bambino! A little bambino!" Over and over. We couldn't help but laugh. And I said to Ron, "Know how you know you're showing? When crazy homeless people, who probably don't know what year it is, know you're pregnant."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter